We (Pyran) are an adult guild that have been playing games together for over 15 years. We’ve played WoW Retail, Age of Conan, Rift, Warhammer, Darkfall, Archeage, Diablo (2&3), Heroes of the Storm.. to mention but a few games. We’ve kept the 18+ rule because we feel that our chat isn’t suitable for younger players.
We’re a really social guild, so we expect you to be on the voicechat server as much as possible, not just when there’s a guild event or raid. If you’re online – you should be on discord.
How Pyran Works
(This will be in the voicechat interview, so make sure you read this part carefully)
You’ll notice that there are no “Officer” or “Guild Master” tags in Pyran. That’s because we have none. We are a member-run community. That means, we have a team of members who volunteer to take on specific responsibilities in running the community. Any of our members can volunteer for these roles.
We have two ranks:
Trial: Trials are new people who are applying to be members. Trial period lasts for two weeks. After the two weeks are up, your trial will be voted on at the community meeting by all members.
Member: Every member of Pyran is considered equal and has an equal right to vote on guild decisions. All decisions, such as trial voting, raiding nights and any other guild issues are voted on by our members at our weekly guild meetings on a Wednesday Evening. All members have access to officer chat ingame.
We have a Guild Assist system in place for the purposes of assisting with guild administration – but the Guild Asssists in Pyran are not officers -they are members with the same rights to vote as every other member. Again, anyone can volunteer to help out with guild stuff such as recruitment, hosting events or website administration.
Pyran’s Guild Rules
Our rules are simple.
- Don’t exploit
- Don’t be an asshole
- Don’t be a drama lama
If you play LoL, HoN, CoD, DOTA etc. and enjoy that kind of mouthy/disrespectful gaming “culture”, then this community is not suitable for you. We love to have a joke and a bit of banter with each other, but it’s never meant offensively.
We don’t tolerate racism – making a joke about Russians or Irish people is fine, but it’s not ok to use the “N” word in this guild or any other derogatory racist remarks/comments or words that people might find offensive.
We expect our members to behave like responsible adults around children (persons under the age of 18) and set a good example for future gamers.
Don’t do anything that’s likely to reflect badly on the community. If you do, you’ll be given one verbal warning. If you do it again, you’ll be asked to leave.
We like friendly people. We like to let our hair down, get raging drunk, sing silly songs, swear a lot, draw penises on isketch and have a laugh. If you find adult humour or chat offensive, then this community is not suitable for you.
If you use Facebook regularly, you can stay up to date with guild news, events and raids on our Facebook page. Simply send a request to join together with your forum name here. The group is private.
MMORPG Specific Rules:-
- No exploiting.
This counts in both PVP and PVE.
An exploit can be defined as anything that involves “bending the rules” to allow for easier gameplay or not as how the game was intended to be played. This includes, but is not limited to exploiting a “bug”, a terrain exploit, use of third party software which alters gameplay, etc.
We don’t scout battlegrounds for other premades
We don’t use cheats or hacks
We don’t use terrain exploits or wall-jumping
We don’t use terrain exploits in world pvp to kill players
If you’re caught doing this, or are in a group that is doing this, then you can wave goodbye to your membership. If you are in a group that is doing it, explain that you’re a member of Pyran. Most guilds/premades already know that we don’t exploit and are likely to be understanding.
We don’t use form of exploiting in PVE
If you get banned or suspended for doing shit like this, it reflects badly on guild. It also means you lose community membership.
If you aren’t sure if something is an exploit, please contact one of the Guild Assists.
- Don’t be an asshole.
That means we don’t troll kids in world chat or do or say anything that’s likely to reflect badly on the guild. If you see someone being offensive in a public chat channel, put them on ignore. You’re an adult. If you’re in a random instance group, remember that your actions and words are a representation of your guild. People don’t want to join a guild full of assholes, and those that do, must be an asshole themselves and we don’t want assholes in Pyran.
– We don’t ninja loot items when playing with PUGs
– We don’t nerdrage at PUGs – if you are in instance with a PUG group and are not happy with the group, then leave without causing drama or making the guild look like assholes.
– We don’t make racist comments: trolling and having a laugh with guildies is fine but there is a line when it comes to racist remarks.
-if you’re going to be absent from game for more than a few weeks, please make a post in the AFK forum
– We don’t AFK in battlegrounds and contribute nothing to the team
– We don’t camp graveyard/spawn points in battlegrounds
– We don’t corpse-camp low level players
– Be on time for events that you’ve signed up for: if you’re going to be late, make sure you mention it in your raid signup.
– Be repaired. There’s no excuse to need repairs after a couple of wipes or deaths.
– Bring consumables. Flasks, pots, elixirs, buff foods, bandages. Don’t leech off others.
– Be on voicechat
– Avoid long periods of AFK. “afk dinner” is something your fellow party members don’t want to hear when you’ve just started an instance run
– Don’t ninjapull, it causes undue stress for tanks.
- Don’t be a drama llama
If you have a problem with someone in guild, try your best to sort it out yourself without causing drama. We don’t want drama llamas in Pyran. If you can’t do this, then contact the internal relations GA.
At the end of the day, it’s just a game that we all play for fun. This isn’t a job.
Current Guild Assist ranks:
Guild Leader – Responsible for general guild administration, i.e. adjusting the ranks of current members who join, promoting trials, setting agenda for the guild meetings, forum moderation and maintenance.
Internal Relations: Responsible for handling any issues that arise within the guild. These may include personal conflicts, explaining the guild rules to new members, helping new members integrate into the community.
External Relations: Responsible for interacting with other guilds in an attempt to build relations for future use (i.e. extra people for our future premades, pve runs, etc). Ensuring that Pyran is known as a respected guild full of nice people. Keeping up appearances on the public forums, etc.
Events co-ordinator: Responsible for putting up community events on a wide variety of different games and ensuring that the events are promoted via the guild website and facebook page.
Recruitment co-ordinator: Responsible for bumping the guild recruitment thread, promoting guild recruitment in public chat (when necessary), administration of applications and keeping track of current trials for voting at guild meetings.
Heroes of the Storm – Team Fabulous Rules
- Do not torment the person running the event!
- If a tactic is not understood, ask the leader to explain it to you. If you disagree with tactics/other stuff that is being said mid-game, make a note of it or mention that you want to discuss it after, and people will do so. Banging on mid-game about how a decision made was wrong helps nobody.
- When pvping, keep TS chat clean of all kinds of unnecessary spam. This goes for alternative tactics, which can confuse people if they are unsure what to do and multiple people are telling them to do stuff.
- Don’t ninja-AFK. If you need to go AFK then please let the group leader know.
- No Drama. Keep calm. HOTS can be stressful and you can get annoyed when you die or when someone else makes a mistake. Remember that it’s a team game and insulting your team members won’t contribute to the win. That’s not how we play.
- Constantly being toxic/making negative comments will get you kicked out. We are aiming for a positive and enjoyable environment to play this game. Standard Moba behavior will not be tolerated.
- These rules also apply to interactions with other players playing with Pyran.