News
Hello Pyrans,

So the ArcheAge Open Beta has been confirmed for Thursday 4th September and following that the Founders Pack Headstart is the Friday 12th September and the final LAUNCH is at Tuesday 16th September.

Our road to launch starts with Open Beta commencing on Thursday, September 4 at 10:00 AM PDT and run to the same time on Monday, September 8. Open Beta will be available to all new and veteran players with no invitation required. If you’ve played during Closed Beta, your character will be waiting for you and your timers on crops and taxes will pick up right where they left off. Following Open Beta, we will be wiping all servers in preparation for ArcheAge’s Head Start, a four-day advance play window granted to all Founders. Head Start starts on Friday, September 12 at 10:00 AM PDT and culminates with ArcheAge’s official launch. All progress from Head Start will carry over to launch.

Farske will be dabbling on the Open Beta, and playing at the HeadStart (However, that weekend I am away and Trion did not really give us a warning).

Who else will be playing the Headstart?
ArcheAge’s fourth Closed Beta Event begins this week, starting Friday, August 22 at 6:00PM and running until the same time on Wednesday, August 27! Players who participated in CBE3 will not need to redownload the entire game client, only an incremental patch.

It’s important to note that invites to CBE3 will not be valid for CBE4, but we are expecting that this event will be twice as large as the last event with even randomly-selected invitations for fans who signed up on the official ArcheAge website. 

Partner site giveaways of CBE4 codes will begin Wednesday, August 20 at Alienware, Razer, Rixty, MMORPG.com, PCGamesN, MMOHuts, MMOGames, OnRPG. Additionally, our Alpha and Founder players will have access to all of Beta.

We play on the server Kyprosa on the Eastern Harani.

Sadly your host Farske will be away from the 22nd to the 25th, so i'll miss the bulk of this. In the meantime, hop on over to the forums, check the posts, sign up (uses Glyph (Rift)), read up and enjoy the next beta!

ArcheAge Closed Beta 3!

Farske a posted Aug 7, 14
The next Beta Event has been announced!

The third Closed Beta Event will begin at 6pm BST next Thursday,  14th August and run through Monday, 18th August at 6pm BST. With this next Beta event, ArcheAge going to get even bigger with over double the number of invites randomly sent to those who signed up on the official ArcheAge website, even more Beta code giveaways on partner websites, and additional servers!

Sadly you host Farske will be away at Gamescon all week and will miss this but hop on over to the forums, check the posts, sign up (uses Glyph (Rift)), read up and enjoy the next beta!

Pyran in ArcheAge

Farske a posted Aug 4, 14
After an EPIC beta, I've done a write up targeted at Pyran to why I think we should try ArcheAge in a larger number. 

I will update with more information, but in the mean time check out the post http://pyran.co.uk/forum/m/5899459/viewthread/14283685-archeage-first-impressions/page/1

When I first heard about ArcheAge I gave it a noncommittal grunt, and echoed the statements such as "oh another Korean piece of shit pushed out to the West for a quick buck", "labour points, ha!" "sandbox my arse" and really did ignore it. A few months later I saw a livestream of someone sailing a boat. Maybe it was because I was watching Black Sails at the time but I raised my eyebrows and took note. I did some investigating and decided to give the closed beta a try. This is my write up of why Pyran should shine in ArcheAge. Read More

Let me know your thoughts, share resources and if there is demand I'll create a sub forum and start the process. 
-Farske

A bunch of us are playing right now and we decided to start a fleet together. We are on the federation side cos reasons and you can join as a Romulan too as they can choose and ally at level 10 (Romulans are awesome btw).

There are many benefits to being in a fleet in STO like access to the highest gear and ships by contributing to the fleet holdings projects in many different "bases" like the Starbase or the Romulan embassy to gain the currency for very useful items, we would of just joined an established one but that would of meant a whole lot of issues like earning the right to contribute and then fighting over said contributions before it gets filled etc, so it was far more beneficial to just start one and reap the rewards.

Star Trek Online is F2P and your able to gain cash shop currency (Zen) just by playing and refining Dillithium to convert into Zen, I managed to purchase a top tier ship in 3 weeks or so, so its definitely possible to play completely free.

So if you have played before and want to give it another bash, or a massive trekkie like me and couldn't find anyone to play with or even you are completely new and feel like giving it a go for the first time, then feel free to yell at Rav, Chris or me for an invite. Where on TS most nights.

You can download the game on steam or use PWEs shitty steam clone Arc (cos we need more of those on our PCs right) @ http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online

I will be playing for the foreseeable future even if I'm playing something else too , but with the sea of mediocrity lately I needed one that I had fun with to pass the time as nothing in the near future has me exited.... yet.

Dave

Announcement of